COLLEGE PARK, MD – Maryland men’s basketball head coach Kevin Willard has announced the addition of forward Patrick Emilien as a graduate transfer from St. Francis (NY). A native of Toronto, Ontario averaged 12.5 points and 6.2 rebounds per game on 27 starts with the Terriers last season after playing three seasons at Western Michigan.
“Patrick is an experienced athletic forward and we are excited to welcome him to Maryland,” said Willard. “He can finish above the rim while also being a great mid-post and mid-range shooter. He really has the ability to stretch the floor, which will be a big advantage for us. Patrick brings great energy and will provide a presence veteran .”
“I can’t wait to get to College Park and be a Terp,” said Emilien. “Coach Willard and the staff have been great throughout the recruiting process and I can’t wait to make a difference with my ability and experience.”
6-7 • 210
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
John Polanyi Collegiate Institute
Toronto Basketball Academy / St. Francis (NY)
As a graduate student at St. Francis (2021-22)
- Started all 27 games he played in with the Terriers, averaging 12.5 points, 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Shot 47.8 percent from the floor and 75.0 from the free-throw line.
- Scored in double-figures in 19 games with a career-high of 23 points at Wagner (Jan. 15).
- Had a stretch of 11 consecutive games with 10-plus points, including 20-point games against Fairleigh Dickinson (Feb. 3) and LIU (Feb. 10).
- Posted four double-doubles with his first one coming at St. John’s (Nov. 23) with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- Also had double-doubles against St. Francis Pa. (Jan. 6) with 12 points and 11 rebounds; Mount St. Mary’s (Jan. 8) with 11 points and 10 boards and at Bryant (Jan. 23) with 17 points and career-best 12 rebounds.
- Talled 21 points at Francis Pa. (Feb. 19), for his fourth game with 20-plus points on the season.
- Opened the season with 18 points and five rebounds at Wisconsin (Nov. 10), his first game as a Terrier.
As a junior at Western Michigan (2020-21)
- Member of Academic All-MAC Team, earning a 3.2 GPA or better.
- Played in 15 games, making four starts, averaging 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds per game with the Broncos.
- Averaged 19.6 minutes per game, shooting 41.4 percent from the field.
- Shot 32.6 percent from behind the three-point line & shot 60 percent from the free-throw line
- Registered three double-digit performances.
- Scored a Western Michigan career-high 18 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field vs. Buffalo (Jan. 12).
As a sophomore at Western Michigan (2019-20)
- Played in 30 games, averaging 2.0 points, 1.8 rebounds and 9.3 minutes per game.
- Scored season-high nine points on 4-of-6 shooting from the field at Toledo (Jan. 11).
- Notched career-high four assists at Ball State (2/25).
As a freshman at Western Michigan (2018-19)
- One of five Broncos to play in all 32 games, starting 12, averaging 4.8 points and 3.9 rebounds per game.
- Registered five games scoring in double-figures.
- Scored a season-high 15 points in 36 minutes vs. Bowling Green (Feb. 9).
- Posted nine rebounds on four occasions (at CMU, vs. BGSU, at NIU and vs. Ball State).
- Neared posted first collegiate double-double with nine points and nine rebounds at Northern Illinois (Feb. 26).
- Scored 12 points vs. Buffalo (Jan. 15) and 11 against Detroit Mercy (Nov. 6).
- Dean’s List member.
At Toronto Basketball Academy
- Played at the Toronto Basketball Academy in the National Preparatory Association (NPA), Emilien averaged 20.6 points per game, ranking 6th in the league.
- Helped lead team to the NPA National Championship Quarterfinals in 2017.
- During NPA play, Emilien had a 40-point performance with 10 three-pointers against a Virginia Tech commit and an ESPN Top 100 prospect.
- During the NPA New Year Challenge, Emilien averaged 22.6 points per game
- Selected as one of 25 Canadians to compete in the NBA-Sanctioned All-Canadian Showcase.
- Attended and graduated from the John Polanyi Collegiate Institute.
- Son of Sheila Fardy and Reynald Emilien.
- Sister, Gabrielle Emilien played soccer at Howard University and was named SWAC Goalkeeper of the Year in 2017.
- Graduated with a Bachlors of Business Administration in Marketing at Western Michigan in 2021.