Rutgers Transfer Tunde Fatukasi Signs to Play Offensive Tackle for Bowling Green Football
Bowling Green State Athletic Communications
The Bowling Green football program has added Rutgers transfer Tunde Fatukasi, according to head football coach Scot Loeffler. Fatukasi, an offensive tackle, spent two seasons at Rutgers. He will have four years of eligibility with the Falcons.
Fatukasi (Far Rockaway, NY) spent the 2020 and 2021 seasons in Piscataway, NJ, with Rutgers. He is a 2020 graduate of Erasmus Hall High School, located in Brooklyn, NY While at Erasmus, Fatukasi helped the Dutchmen win back-to-back PSAL Championships in 2018 and 2019. He was named all-city and all-conference along the way .
Fatukasi is the younger brother of Folorunso Fatukasi, who is a defensive lineman for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Folorunso also played at UConn with current BGSU defensive run game coordinator and defensive line coach Julian Campenni. Fatukasi also has another older brother, Olakunle, who was a teammate at Rutgers and signed last spring as an undrafted free agent (linebacker) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Fatukasi will be with the program on Wednesday when fall camp opens at Bowling Green State University.
Tunde Fatukasi (tune-day, faa-too-KAH-see)
OT • 6-5 • 300
Father Rockaway, NY • Erasmus Hall HS/Rutgers
• Has four years of eligibility with the Falcons after spending the 2020 and 2021 seasons at Rutgers
• Did not appear in any games for the Scarlet Knights
• Played offensive line at Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn for head coach Danny Landeberg
• Helped Erasmus win back-to-back PSAL Championships as a junior and senior
• Named all-city and all-conference during time at Erasmus
• Rated the No. 13 recruit in New York City Rivals and 15th city 247Sports
• Attended the same high school as a bevy of celebrities and sports figures like the Commanders’ Curtis Samuel, actresses Barbara Streisand and Mae West to Pro Football Hall of Famers Al Davis and Sid Luckman. Singer/songwriter Neil Diamond and Grammy Award-winning producer Clive Davis also attended Erasmus. Former Cleveland Browns head coach Sam Rutigliano was also an Erasmus alum.
• Son of Ifedola and Michael Fatukasi
• Has two older brothers, Folorunso and Olakunle
• Older brother, Folorunso, played on the defensive line at UConn with current BGSU defensive run game coordinator and line coach Julian Campenni and now is a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars
• Older brother, Olakunle, was a teammate while at Rutgers and signed as an undrafted free agent with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the spring of 2022