* The Giants ran almost exclusively run plays during their goal-to-go work during the team portion of practice. The offense had some moments during the team portion of practice, but the defense was very stout up front. During the first team portion Jones connected with Wan’Dale Robinson short of the end zone on a play-action pass, but Tae Crowder met the running back in the backfield for a loss on the following play. On the next two plays, the offense scored touchdowns on runs by Jones and Barkley. McKinney stopped a run right before the goal line on the next play. There was not full tackling to the ground, but the play was physical.
* After six plays from the first team offense, head coach Brian Daboll made the first-team offenses and defenses sprint down to the opposite end of the field and run two plays from the opposite goal line. With a game on Thursday night, it is part of the effort to make sure the team is in the proper cardiovascular condition. He did the same with the second and third teams.
* The second unit managed to score a touchdown during their goal-to-go work, with Gary Brightwell running it in for a touchdown. Defensive lineman Jalyn Holmes and cornerback Darren Evans combined for one tackle for loss on a play, while Evans and safety Trenton Thompson combined on the other. It looked like Taylor connected with Keelan Doss on a sliding touchdown in the back of the end zone, but his knee landed out of bounds and it was incomplete. Rookie cornerback Zyon Gilbert was in tight coverage.
* Running back Antonio Williams ran it in for a score with the third team. Austin Calitro and Quincy Roche combined for a tackle for loss. On the final play for the third unit, Nate Meadors anticipated a pass and stepped in front for an interception and a big return the other way.
* The first team took the field again and Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams immediately asserted themselves stopping three straight running plays. Barkley got in the end zone with a run to the right after Evan Neal and Chris Myarick forced a lineman to the ground. Matt Breida had two good runs to start work with the second team. Yusuf Corker had a tackle for loss. Tyrod Taylor scored a touchdown on a quarterback keeper and beat the defense to the pylon for the score on the next play. Darrian Beavers had a tackle for loss on the following play.
* In the final team portion of practice, Saquon Barkley got around the left edge with his speed for a rushing touchdown. Three plays later, veteran Justin Ellis had a jarring thud and a tackle for loss. On the following play, Julian Love reached in front of a receiver to knock away a pass after Dexter Lawrence and Jihad Ward were in the backfield for potential sacks. Taylor also threw a touchdown pass to Jordan Akins.
* The Giants have two more padded practices before their first preseason game on Thursday night.