Chess Olympiad FINAL DAY LIVE – India vs USA Chess LIVE: Indian Women Chess team is about to create history in Chess.…
Chess Olympiad FINAL DAY LIVE – India vs USA Chess LIVE: Indian Women Chess team is about to create history in Chess. Tania Sachdev led team is just a step away from winning HISTORIC GOLD MEDAL at the Chess Olympiad in Chennai. India Women team will play USA in Final ROUND that starts at 3PM. India currently has 17 Match points and is leading the FIDE Women’s Chess Olympiad: Follow Indian Women Chess Team LIVE & FIDE CHESS Olympiad Results UPDATES
Chess Olympiad Closing Ceremony: Former Indian Cricket captain MS Dhoni to attend Chess…
Chess Olympiad FINAL DAY LIVE: Indian Women Chess team nearing HISTORIC GOLD MEDAL, India vs USA Final ROUND starts 3PM: Follow LIVE UPDATES
India vs USA Chess LIVE: In the penultimate round, India defeated Kazakhstan by a 3.5-0.5 margin to continue to lead the FIDE Women’s Chess Olympiad with 17 match points.
Going into the last round, Poland, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, and Georgia are tied for second-fifth places with 16 match points.
Because the Open and Women’s leaders are separated by just one match point from their second-place competitors, a high-pressure last round is in the offing in both sections.
Here is how the penultimate day went for Indian Women: In the open section, India 1 beat Iran 2.5-1.-5, riding on Vidit Gujrathi’s win on the second board. It was 2-2 between India 2 and Uzbekistan. The main talking point was D. Gukesh’s first loss in the tournament. It was 2-2 also between India 3 and Slovakia.
In the women’s section, India 1 beat Kazakhstan 3..5-0.5, India 2 beat the Netherlands 3-1 and India 3 defeated Sweden, also 3-1.
FIDE Chess Olympiad FINAL Men’s Results: The 12th-seeded Armenia is currently leading the RACE. Armenia defeated the sixth-seeded Azerbaijan with a convincing 3-1 victory to reach 17 match points.
Dramatic developments in the fifth hour of play enabled the 14th-seeded Uzbekistan to save a 2-2 draw against the 11th-seeded India 2 to join Armenia in the lead.
The top-seeded US, which defeated 21st-seeded Turkey by a 3-1 margin, and second-seed India, which defeated 13th-seeded Iran by a 2.5-1.5 margin, join India 2 on 16 match points to keep their medal hopes alive.
- Teams compete in an 11-round Swiss tournament.
- Teams assign players to play on boards one, two, three, and four.
- Matches consist of players from each board of one nation playing against the corresponding board of the opponent nation (board one vs. board one, board two vs. board two, and so on).
- The time control is 90+30, with 30 minutes added after move 40.
- Players cannot draw by agreement before move 30.
- Match results are decided by “game points.”
- Each team gets one game point per win, 0.5 game points for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
- The team with the most game points wins the match.
- There are no tiebreaks if the match ends in a draw.
- Teams win two “match points” for winning a match, one match point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
- The team with the most match points at the end of the tournament becomes the Olympiad Champion.
- Federations also rank in a “combined classification” based on the sum of their Open and Women’s placements.
How to watch the 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad: You can watch the 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad and FIDE Women’s Chess Olympiad live on Chess.com/TV and on our Twitch channel, or catch all of our live broadcasts on YouTube.com/ChesscomLive.